In today’s fast-paced society, anxiety disorders have become increasingly prevalent, affecting millions of people worldwide. Atlanta, being a bustling metropolitan city, is no exception. Individuals living in Atlanta may face unique stressors that contribute to anxiety, such as demanding jobs, traffic congestion, and social pressures. As a result, the need for anxiety treatment is crucial for people seeking relief from this debilitating condition. According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA), anxiety disorders affect approximately 3.1% of the U.S. population, and 36.9% of those individuals seek treatment.
This underscores the importance of making anxiety treatment more accessible and available to those in need. At Buckhead Behavioral Health, our anxiety treatment in Atlanta has helped countless individuals learn to understand the root cause and manage their anxiety. Learn more about how our anxiety treatment programs work below.
How Anxiety Treatment in Atlanta Works
At Buckhead Behavioral Health, we believe that mental health disorders are treatable conditions with the proper psycho-education, medical attention, and individualized and group therapy. We also believe that clients should be able to learn how to manage their symptoms while still keeping up with personal and professional obligations. Our multiple program options and levels of care have been designed to meet individuals where they are at. Our three levels of care include the following:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) are a form of treatment where patients attend therapy for several hours each day, while still living at home or offsite in supportive housing. This option offers a higher level of care than typical outpatient therapy, allowing for more intensive treatment while maintaining some degree of normalcy in the individual’s life.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) are similar to PHP but require fewer hours of therapy per week. These programs are ideal for those who have a strong support system at home and can maintain some level of functioning in their daily lives.
- Evening IOP: Our evening IOP program is specialized for working professionals who are committed to their recovery and have a very strong support system during the day. Evening IOP is a maximum of four days per week.
- Virtual IOP: Our Virtual IOP program offers our IOP program, but online from the comfort of your own home. With other like-minded people looking to achieve sobriety, the virtual program still requires clients to be committed to their recovery in a quiet place during IOP hours.
Other Services Our Anxiety Treatment Offers
- Dual Diagnosis treatment
- Red Light Therapy
- Trauma Therapy
- Brainspotting Therapy
- Neurofeedback Therapy
- Short and long-term goal setting
- Employment guidance
- Family therapy
- Holistic Therapy
- Financial consultation/money management
- General accountability
- Transition plans with family
- Personal and home organization
Check Out Our Facility in Atlanta, GA
Check Out Our Facility in Atlanta, GATour
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is a natural response to stress or perceived threats, activating our body’s “fight or flight” response. While occasional anxiety is normal, an anxiety disorder occurs when these feelings persist and interfere with daily functioning. Anxiety disorders encompass a variety of conditions, including generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and specific phobias.
Signs and Symptoms of An Anxiety Disorder
Anxiety manifests in various ways, and symptoms can differ from person to person. Common signs of anxiety include:
- Excessive worry
- Trouble concentrating
- Muscle tension
- Sleep disturbances
In some cases, anxiety can also cause physical symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, and gastrointestinal issues. It is essential to recognize these symptoms and seek professional help if they become overwhelming or persistent.
Want to Learn more about Buckhead Behavioral Health?
What Does Anxiety Feel Like?
Anxiety can feel different for everyone, but most people describe it as a sense of unease or constant worry. It may cause racing thoughts, difficulty concentrating, and feelings of dread or impending doom. Physically, anxiety can cause heart palpitations, trembling, sweating, and shortness of breath. The intensity of these feelings can vary from mild to severe, depending on the individual and the situation.
Causes & Risk Factors for Anxiety
There is no single cause of anxiety, as it results from a complex interplay of factors. Some common causes include:
- Genetics: Anxiety disorders can run in families, suggesting a genetic predisposition.
- Brain chemistry: Imbalances in neurotransmitters can contribute to anxiety.
- Personality: Certain personality traits, such as shyness or perfectionism, can predispose an individual to develop anxiety.
- Trauma or stress: Experiencing significant life stressors or traumatic events can trigger anxiety disorders.
- Medical conditions: Chronic medical conditions or the side effects of medications can cause anxiety symptoms.
Benefits of Anxiety Treatment in Atlanta
Seeking treatment for anxiety can significantly improve an individual’s quality of life. Some benefits of anxiety treatment include:
- Improved mental health: Effective treatment can help alleviate the excessive worry and constant feelings of unease associated with anxiety disorders, leading to a more balanced mental state.
- Better physical health: Anxiety can cause various physical symptoms, such as muscle tension, headaches, and gastrointestinal issues. By managing anxiety, these physical symptoms can be reduced or eliminated.
- Enhanced relationships: Anxiety can strain relationships with friends, family, and romantic partners. Successful treatment can help improve communication and foster more stable and fulfilling relationships.
- Increased productivity: Anxiety can negatively impact an individual’s ability to concentrate and complete tasks. With effective treatment, productivity can improve, leading to better performance at work or school.
- Greater self-confidence: As anxiety symptoms decrease, individuals often experience an increase in self-confidence and self-esteem. This can lead to more enjoyable social interactions and personal growth.
- Improved coping skills: Anxiety treatment teaches valuable coping skills, enabling individuals to better manage stress and navigate future challenges.
- Better overall well-being: By addressing the root causes of anxiety and teaching effective coping strategies, treatment can lead to a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life.
Find Anxiety Treatment in Atlanta Today!
If you or a loved one is struggling with anxiety, it’s crucial to seek help. Anxiety treatment in Atlanta is accessible and tailored to fit the unique needs of each individual. By taking advantage of the resources available, you can start your journey towards a more balanced and anxiety-free life. Don’t let anxiety control your life – reach out for help today and experience the benefits of treatment for yourself.
More on Anxiety
Can Brainspotting Treat My Anxiety?