If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction or dual diagnosis disorders, understanding the importance of appropriate treatment is crucial. Residential or inpatient rehab in Atlanta provides patients with 24/7 care in order to help them through their addiction. In Atlanta, the availability of various levels of care, especially inpatient rehab, is essential for those facing severe addiction. According to the Substance Use and Mental Health Services administration, in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta area, an annual average of 622,000 persons aged 12 or older used an illicit substance in the pasty year.
What is Residential Rehab?
Residential rehab, commonly referred to as inpatient rehab, is a form of addiction treatment where individuals reside in a treatment facility 24 hours a day, seven days per week. This setting provides a structured environment, away from potential triggers and daily stressors, allowing individuals to focus solely on their recovery. It’s particularly beneficial for those with severe addiction issues, requiring constant medical supervision and a comprehensive treatment approach.
How Do I Know I Need A Residential Program?
Determining the need for residential rehab can be challenging. It’s typically recommended for individuals struggling with various forms of addiction, such as alcohol, drugs, or mental health issues. Indicators that residential rehab may be necessary include addiction to substances like opioids, fentanyl, benzodiazepines (benzos), stimulants, kratom, cocaine, heroin, valium, and methamphetamine. If you find yourself unable to manage daily life due to addiction, or if outpatient treatments have been ineffective, residential rehab might be the next step.
Tour Our Rehab in Atlanta, Georgia
Tour Our Rehab in Atlanta, GeorgiaTour
How Is Addiction Treated in Residential Rehab?
Inpatient rehab is a comprehensive process that addresses the physical, psychological, and emotional aspects of addiction. Key components of treatment typically include:
- Detox: The first step in most addiction treatments, where the body is cleansed of substances in a safe and medically supervised environment. This process helps manage withdrawal symptoms and prepares the individual for further treatment.
- Therapy and Counseling: Individual and group therapy sessions are crucial for addressing the underlying causes of addiction. These sessions help individuals understand their addiction, develop coping strategies, and build a support system.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): For some addictions, medications are used to manage withdrawal symptoms, reduce cravings, and treat any co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Holistic Rehab: Techniques such as yoga, meditation, and art therapy are often incorporated to promote overall well-being and complement traditional treatment methods.
- Education and Skill Building: Teaching individuals about addiction and its effects, as well as life skills training, to help them reintegrate into society post-treatment.
- Aftercare Planning: Developing a plan for after leaving the residential facility, which might include outpatient therapy, support groups, and other ongoing support mechanisms.
Residential Rehab Therapy Styles
The core therapy styles are very similar across all lengths of time, and they may include the following:
- These private 1-on-1 therapy sessions can help a patient through personal issues, triggers, finding leading causes, and working through the process of recovery.
- Family therapy sessions can include other members of the family and can potentially help to heal all parties both emotional, mental and the physical addiction as well.
- Treatment sometimes requires medication to help control impulses in hopes to help overcome the short-term withdrawal symptoms a patient might have. These are just to get the patient better while they recover so they stop all medication eventually.
- Support group meetings are a big part of residential rehab as they allow patients to help each other grow and see different perspectives. They can sit and listen to others or share themselves, which can make a big impact on healing.
Begin Inpatient Rehab in Atlanta Today!
Buckhead Behavioral Health is a luxury addiction treatment facility and drug rehab in Atlanta, Georgia. Offering individualized treatment, the multidisciplinary team at Buckhead Behavioral Health offers evidence-based practices to help individuals recover from addiction in a safe and constructed environment that will allow the patient to be free from distractions. Learn more about our admission process and begin the road to recovery now.